Powered by WebAds

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Obama makes one joke using Netanyahu's name, Haaretz turns it into 'starring role'

I just watched President Obama's entire 22-minute response to the White House correspondents' dinner on Saturday night. I watched it because Haaretz tweeted out a headline that claimed that Prime Minister Netanyahu had a 'starring role.' The one and only joke at Netanyahu's expense was just past the 3-minute mark, and it was really more at House Speaker John Boehner's expense and not Netanyahu's.
"I am determined to make the most of every moment I have left," Obama said Saturday at the annual dinner that raises funds for scholarships for budding journalists. "After the midterm elections, my advisors asked me 'Mr. President, do you have a bucket list?' And I said, 'Well, I have something that rhymes with bucket list.'"
Obama said that he still has tasks on hand, including issuing veto threats and negotiating with Iran. "All while finding time to pray five times a day," he quipped, "Which is strenuous."
"And it is no wonder that that people keep pointing out how the presidency has aged me," Obama continued. "I look so old John Boehner’s already invited Benjamin Netanyahu to speak at my funeral."
The good news is that Obama has finally found some decent joke writers.  I'm not going to embed a 22-minute video so you can see one joke in the first three minutes, but if you have nothing better to do on a Sunday (unfortunately, I do), click through the first link above and you will find the video embedded.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google